Monday, January 30, 2012

147. Mission St. Hefeweizen

Picked this one up on my first trip to Trader Joe's in Portland. If you have never been the beer selection is good but the store itself was a bit overwhelming. I was ready to leave as soon as I walked through the door but made my way to the back of the store and picked up this beer as well as 2 others. This was a cheap Hefeweizen ($2.29 for the bomber) so I really was not expecting much but I have to say it was worth it. Color is a slightly hazy orange color maybe a little less cloudy than I would expect for a hefeweizen and a bit darker, minimal head that disappears quickly. Smells of citrus, a bit of yeast and tastes follows the smell. Easy to drink and a fairly refreshing beer.
Pros: Easy to drink, cheap
Cons: 
Alcohol Content: 4.7% ABV
Calories: ???
IBU (Bitterness): ??

Rating: ★★
★☆☆

Brewers Website:  Steinhaus Brewing
Brewers Description: Cannot find online

No comments:

Post a Comment