Monday, May 28, 2012

245. Atlantic Brewing New Guy IPA

Was excited to find this one at Tully's in Wells as I drink Maine beer whenever I can and also love a good IPA. This is my fourth beer from Atlantic Brewing Company and probably my favorite so far (although I do have to try the Summer Ale again as I think I had an old bottle the first time). The beer is generic in color, head and minimal lacing on the glass. Aroma is also fairly standard of an IPA with some citrus notes.

Taste is smooth and well balanced with a fair amount of citrus hops that are nicely balanced by the sweet malts. Overall this is a solid beer but nothing makes it stand out among the many other IPAs on the market. If you like supporting local beer and enjoy a decent IPA certainly add this one to your Summer drinking list. 

Pros: Easy to drink and local
Cons: 
Alcohol Content: ??% ABV
Calories: ???
IBU (Bitterness): ??
Rating:  ★★★☆☆
Brewers Website: Atlantic Brewing
Brewers Description: Not currently listed on website

No comments:

Post a Comment