Friday, August 12, 2011

11. Kennebec River Brewery Summer Ale


I did not realize there was a brewery at Northern Outdoors in The Forks. I know there is a lot of beer consumed up there during the summer but had no idea they were brewing and bottling their own beer. Like many other summer ales this is a light refreshing beer that is easy to drink and perfect for summer days/nights in Maine. Not sure if it was the beer but each time I had 2 of these of these I woke up the next morning with a head ache. That never happens to me so thinking it is something with the beer itself. Other than a quality brew from a local Maine company and if anyone knows the people at Northern Outdoors please introduce me as I would love write their insurance coverage. 
Pros: Smooth easy to drink and very refreshing
Cons: Headache after drinking?? Was it the beer (I can't be sure). 
Alcohol Content: 5.3% ABV
Calories: ???
IBU (Bitterness): ???

Rating: ★★★½☆
Brewers Website: Kennebec River Brewery
Brewers Description: A classic American pale ale crafted with domestic malted barley and fresh Cascade hops from the Pacific Northwest. An excellent choice for those new to microbrews, it's as refreshing as a ride down the Kennebec River! (Six packs available in stores May to September).

No comments:

Post a Comment