Friday, November 25, 2011

102. Allagash Brewing Four Ale

This was my post-Thanksgiving dinner beer so the review may be slightly skewed as I was full of turkey and good food at the time. I was really excited to try this beer and I believe this is also my first Allagash review which is too bad it took me 100+ beers to come back around to Allagash as I always enjoy their beer. This one has a great color too it, photo is very accurate with a nice amber appearance and crisp white head. Smell is sweet and a bit yeasty (if that is a word). Taste is excellent and very well balanced. No hint of alcohol even though it is 10% ABV. Just a really good beer from Allagash. 
Pros: Color, taste, very well balanced
Cons: Expensive
Alcohol Content: 10.0% ABV
Calories: ???
IBU (Bitterness): ??

Rating: ★★
★★☆

Brewers Website: Allagash Brewing
Brewers Description: We brew this beer with four malts, four sugars, four hop varieties and we ferment it four times, using four different yeast strains. The complexity of the brewing process is matched by the complexity of this unique beer. Flavors of raisin, candied fruit and plum express themselves throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment