Tuesday, November 15, 2011

87. Blue Moon Winter Abbey Ale

I have heard good things about Blue Moon and so far I cannot understand why people like it. Maybe if you are a Coors or Miller Lite drinker Blue Moon give the appearance of drinking a quality slightly darker beer but you can avoid any complex flavors that a true craft beer would have. The look of this beer made me think I was getting something worthwhile but that was about it. Taste has a mild vanilla flavor that disappears almost immediately and the beer just feels week and watered down. As with the other varieties of Blue Moon I have reviewed I recommend you avoid this one. 
Pros: Color
Cons: Lack of taste
Alcohol Content: 5.6% ABV
Calories: ???
IBU (Bitterness): ??


Brewers Website: Blue Moon Brewing
Brewers Description: An abbey ale crafted with roasted malts, hint of Belgian sugar and touch of wheat. Rich caramel and toffee notes - pair with hearty stews and chocolate desserts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment