Monday, November 21, 2011

97. Cottrell Old Yankee Ale

I had never heard of Cottrell brewing but came across this one at at The Good Beer Store and since I like ales thought I would give it a try. I was impressed with the color and head after the pour and the beer did not disappoint. Solid aroma with lots of different fruity smells. The beer was smooth and easy to drink as you would expect from a 5% ABV ale. This one went down so smooth it is hard to review as it was gone before I knew it. 
Pros: Smooth, color, aroma 
Cons: 
Alcohol Content: 5.0% ABV
Calories: ???
IBU (Bitterness): 26

Rating: ★★★½☆
Brewers Website: Cottrell Brewing
Brewers Description: A medium bodies Amber Ale this World Class Beer has an A+ Rating from the founders of Beer Advocate. Brewed and bottled in Connecticut for the past 13 years "Step Into New England" with this outstanding session beer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment