Sunday, May 20, 2012

238. Sixpoint Apollo

This is my third beer from Sixpoint and this is my favorite although the other 2 were also excellent. This is a new style for me - Kristalweizen which apparently is similar to Hefeweizen but is filtered. 


Great orange color with solid white head on this beer. The aroma is amazing with lots of banana, melon and sweetness. Not sure I picked up everything that was happening in the smell but trust me it is great and will certainly entice you to take a drink. The taste is not quite as strong as the smell but still has tons of flavor that follows the smell and a nice sweet finish.


This is a great Summer beer and something I would recommend to most beer drinkers. 
Pros: Huge aroma and complex taste
Cons: 
Alcohol Content: 5.2% ABV
Calories: ???
IBU (Bitterness): 11
Rating:  ★★★★☆
Brewers Website: Sixpoint
Brewers Description: The unmistakable flavor of a Bavarian Wheat, but with a clear golden brilliance and a Sixpoint twist. An entirely unique canned offering for the sun-worshipping ale lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment