Monday, May 28, 2012

243. Sixpoint The Crisp


Another option from Sixpoint purchased at Tully's in Wells, ME. This one is probably my least favorite from Sixpoint so far however it probably has more to do with the style than the beer itself. I really do not enjoy pilsners but will continue to try them to see if there is something out there that will change my mind. 

Beer pours a pale yellow with very thin head and lacing. Aroma is almost non-existent with only a very light cut grass smell. The beer is light and well carbonated with some sweet malt and light citrus. Ends with a fair amount of bitterness. Certainly drinkable as I did finish the 4-pack over the weekend but not something I would purchase again. I just do not get too excited about pilsners but if they are your thing you will enjoy this one from Sixpoint. 
Pros: Clean and crisp
Cons:  Its a pilsner
Alcohol Content: 5.4% ABV
Calories: ???
IBU (Bitterness): 42

Rating: ★★
☆☆
Brewers Website: Sixpoint
Brewers Description: There is no beautifier of complexion, or form, or behavior... The original Sehr Crisp from Sixpoint. Brewed with noble hops for indelible sehr crisp flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment