Saturday, September 3, 2011

26. Samuel Adams Octoberfest (draft)


I know I already reviewed this beer but that was from a bottle and as I mentioned in my prior post draft beer is simply better. Had this beer with a nice burger at TGIFriday's last night and enjoyed every sip (in fact I helped to finish my wife's beer too). Perfect fall beer and great with hearty meals. 
Pros: Great red color, many different flavors
Cons:  Seasonal - wish I could get it year round
Alcohol Content: 5.3%
Calories:
183
IBU (Bitterness): 25
Rating: ★★★★☆ 
Brewers Website: Samuel Adams
Brewers Description: Brewed with five varieties of malted barley for a big, rich flavor.The first thing you notice when pouring a glass of this seasonal beer is the color. Samuel Adams® Octoberfest has a rich, deep reddish amber hue which itself is reflective of the season. Samuel Adams Octoberfest masterfully blends together five roasts of malt to create a delicious harmony of sweet flavors including caramel and toffee. The malt is complimented by the elegant bitterness imparted by the Bavarian Noble hops. Samuel Adams Octoberfest provides a wonderful transition from the lighter beers of summer to the heartier brews of winter..

No comments:

Post a Comment