Sunday, September 11, 2011

34. Samuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale


I think this is the fourth Pumpkin beer I have reviewed in the past week and of all of them this had the mildest flavoring. Overall this is not a bad beer but I expected more from Samuel Adams. As I try more varieties of Sam Adams I am finding they make very few bad beers but many of them are average or only slightly better than average. I have my favorites; White Ale, Summer Ale, Noble Pils and up until I started this blog I had pretty much stayed to these and their Light beer. You will not be disappointed in this beer but I doubt you will be running back to the store to buy more either. 
Pros: Good color, taste is not overpowering
Cons:  Tastes very similar to other Sam Adams varieties
Alcohol Content: 5.7%
Calories: 199
IBU (Bitterness): 14
Rating: ★★★☆☆
Brewers Website: Samuel Adams
Brewers Description: A perennial favorite at our brewery Halloween party, Samuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale is brewed with over 11 pounds of real pumpkin per barrel, adding a full body and sweetness to this dark reddish amber brew.  Deep roasted malts, including a smoked malt, lend a distinct roasted character while traditional pumpkin pie spices give the beer a subtle spice note.

No comments:

Post a Comment