Saturday, September 10, 2011

32. Shipyard Export Ale


I attended a wedding reception this afternoon and was able to grab a couple Shipyards as it seems to be the beer that all the local function halls have for people that do not enjoy the Bud, Michelobs and Miller Lites. Overall not a bad beer but certainly low on my list if I had a long list of beer available. I think it is the slight hoppy aftertaste that spoils this one for me. It is certainly best when enjoyed with a meal as that tends to dampen the aftertaste. Had a great time at the reception and anytime you can have a beer surrounded by great people having fun it is a good day. 
Pros:  Available almost anywhere in Maine
Cons: Aftertaste 
Alcohol Content: 5.1 ABV
Calories: ???
IBU (Bitterness): Unknown
My Rating: ★★☆☆☆
Brewers Website: Shipyard Brewery
Brewers Description: Shipyard Export Ale, the flagship brand of Shipyard Brewing Company, is a full-bodies ale, with a hint of sweetness upfront, a subtle and distinctive hop taste, and a very clean finish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment