Sunday, December 11, 2011

116. Geary's Winter Ale

This one surprised as it is listed as an IPA so I was expecting the typically hoppy beer. After pouring and seeing the nice dark color, tan head and strong fruity aroma with almost no hops I knew it was going to be different. The malts are very strong in this one and it finished with lots of chocolate flavor. Almost no hop bite. I gave this one 3.5 stars as I truly enjoyed the beer but if I were grading it within the English IPA style which it is supposed to be, the grade would be much lower. 
Pros: Great flavor and aroma
Cons: Not an IPA
Alcohol Content: 6.0% ABV
Calories: ???
IBU (Bitterness): ??

Rating: 
Brewers Website: Geary's
Brewers Description: Geary's Winter Ale is a hearty India Pale Ale; it has a dry maltiness with an intense floral hop finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment