Sunday, December 18, 2011

122. Saranac Lake Effect Lager

Beer number 3 from the Winter variety pack and being a German style lager I was really looking forward to this one. Color is great and had a very thick head and I don't think this was due to a bad pour but it may have been. Head did not disappear quickly so I had a beer mustache while drinking this one. Minimal aroma and flavor was just OK with a bit more hop than I expected. I was a bit disappointed by this one as I usually enjoy lagers. So far this is my least favorite of the pack but I have a feeling this will be better than the pilsener as I am not a fan of that style. 
Pros: Color
Cons: Simple and a bit too much hops for this style
Alcohol Content: 5.95% ABV
Calories: ???
IBU (Bitterness): ??

Rating: ★★
☆☆☆
Brewers Website: Saranac
Brewers Description: Our Saranac Lake Effect Lager is a rich, malty, old school German lager, made with traditional German malts and hops and fermented with a lager yeast. Look for a rich but smooth malty taste, balanced by an impressive Hallertau hopping-A nice reward for enduring our winter months.  

No comments:

Post a Comment