Sunday, June 3, 2012

246. Long Trail Pale Ale

Found this single in my beer fridge the other day and do not even remember buying it. I am sure I did somewhere along the line as I tend to pick up a few singles each week when I visit random variety stores while traveling for work. 

I enjoy pale ales as they are typically easy to drink, lightly hopped and flavorful. This option from Long Trail does not disappoint but also does not stand out from the many other pale ales I have reviewed. The color is typical of the style with minimal head that disappears quickly. Aroma is minimal but has some orange and floral. Taste is fairly well balance with hops at first balanced out by some sweet malts and then just a bit too much bitterness at the end. Overall an enjoyable pale ale from Long Trail.
Pros: Well balanced
Cons:  
Alcohol Content: 5.7% ABV
Calories: ???
IBU (Bitterness): 35

Rating: ★★★☆☆
Brewers Website: Long Trail
Brewers Description: Long Trail Pale Ale beer is brewed with the finest all natural ingredients and award winning Vermont water. This classic American style pale ale features a modest malt body and a well balanced citrus, pine hop aroma. Our Pale Ale is lightly filtered to provide a delightfully robust flavor experience. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment