Saturday, June 16, 2012

255. Rising Tide Daymark (Growler)

Rising Tide started selling growlers last weekend and since I was in the area I stopped by to get myself one. I decided on Daymark as the weather is getting warm and I am the only beer drinker in my household so I had to drink all 64 ounces - poor me :)


Rising Tide's new brew location on Fox Street is about 5,000 square feet and when I visited the brew system was still being installed but they did have their tap lines installed and Heather was filling growlers. Their growlers not only have the great logo on the front but also have the varieties of Rising Tide beers on the bag with a box for them to check what the growler contains which is a nice touch.


Daymark is just as good from a growler as it is from the bottle. Pale ale at its finest and fresh from the brewery. Really enjoy Rising Tide beer and now that they sell growlers I am sure to be enjoying more in the coming weeks and months. 
Pros: Well balanced 
Cons: 
Alcohol Content: 5.5 ABV
Calories: ???
IBU (Bitterness): ??

Rating: ★★★★☆
Brewers Website: Rising Tide
Brewers Description: Chart a new course with Daymark as your guide. We start with a classic, clean and crisp American pale ale brewed with spicy Columbus and Centennial hops. Then we accent the grain bill with rye grown on small local family farms right here in Maine and malted to our specifications at Valley Malts, an artisanal malt house. Finally we dry hop the finished beer for a bright floral aroma.

daymark [dey-mahrk] (n)—a navigational aid distinctively marked for daytime visibility, normally attached to a permanent structure in the water

No comments:

Post a Comment