Saturday, June 16, 2012

257. Founders Centennial IPA

Founders Double Trouble is one of the best beers I have reviewed to date so when I heard they were coming to Maine I was very excited. Stopped by Bier Cellar in Portland and picked up 5 different varieties of Founders beer. Being a big fan of IPAs I decided to start with the Centennial IPA. 


Beer pours a clear orange color with thin white head. Nice looking beer with a pleasant aroma of citrus and other hops. The taste was a bit disappointing with a lot of bitterness and not a lot else. I compare the taste ti celery, not a bad taste but something that I don't really enjoy. This is a quality beer that is on the edge of an IPA and and Imperial/Double IPA, good but not something I would seek out again. 
Pros: Color
Cons: Taste
Alcohol Content: 7.2% ABV
Calories: ???
IBU (Bitterness): 65

Rating: ★★☆☆ 
Brewers Website: Founders Brewing
Brewers Description: Get ready to bask in the glory of the frothy head's floral bouquet. Relish the citrus accents from the abundance of dry hopping. This one's sweet, yet balanced. Malty undertones shake hands with the hop character for a finish that never turns too bitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment