Sunday, March 11, 2012

188. Sebago Brewing Full Throttle Double IPA

After a  week of drinking some very good west coast IPAs it was good to come back to a Maine brewer and try another Double IPA. This one is from Sebago Brewing and is available on tap and in 4-packs at selected retailers. Their website says this will be available in March and April but I hope they keep it around. Everyone that I know that has tried it really enjoyed it. Color is typical of a double IPA orange with a single finger white head. Aroma of citrus and pine hops, no alcohol which is great as that can turn off some that are not used to the high ABV of double IPAs. Taste is exactly what I look for in a double IPA. Lots of citrus hops that kick in after some initial caramel malts. Beer is slightly bitter and medium bodied. Finishes clean and dry making you want more almost immediately. Very easy to drink and something that I will probably include in future trades and the Beer it Forward I am part of. Also need to make my way to a Sebago Brewing location so I can try it on tap. Anyone want to join me??
Pros: Hop flavor, well balanced, local and fresh
Cons: 
Alcohol Content: 8.2% ABV
Calories: ???
IBU (Bitterness): 85

Rating: ★★
★★☆
Brewers Website: Sebago Brewing
Brewers Description: Big juicy American hops burst from this unfiltered deep amber ale. The caramel sweetness takes a backseat only to the abundance of citrusy, piney flavors and aromas. Dominated by Cascade, Centennial, Chinook and Falconer's Flight hops, our double IPA has been dry-hopped for over a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment