Saturday, March 31, 2012

208. Marshall Wharf Illegal Ale-Ien

Thursday night I went to the first Maine Beer Series event at Frontier in Brunswick. I had never been to Frontier so had no idea what to expect. They have a great space in an old mill building right on the river. Small bar area, lots of seats and tables and then a separate theater area where they held the event, more on that in my next post. I got there a little early and decided to have a drink before the presentation. They had 6-8 Maine based beers on tap including 2 from Oxbow, Maine Beer Company Mean Old Tom, Allagash White and this offering from Marshall Wharf. Since this was the only beer of the bunch I had not tried before I decided on it.


The beer pours a pale yellow with almost no head. Aroma of wheat/grass and taste was very smooth with minimal hop bitterness and only slightly sweet. Very easy to drink and I had no idea it was 8% ABV until I checked the brewers website today. Marshall Wharf has a long list of beer on their site so I will be sure to try more in the coming months. 
Pros: Easy to drink
Cons:  
Alcohol Content: 8% ABV
Calories: ???
IBU (Bitterness): ??

Rating: 3 / 5 
Brewers Website: Marshall Wharf
Brewers Description: A hybrid kolsch/wheat beer brewed with organic blue agave nectar. Light in color and finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment