Saturday, March 17, 2012

194. Maine Beer Company Mean Old Tom

Maine Beer Company makes some of the best hop filled beers out there and I enjoy them all. Their take on a stout is not as good as others but still a well brewed beer. Pours truly black with mid sized tan head - a great looking beer. Roasted malts, coffee, chocolate and just a hint of vanilla in the nose. Taste follows the smell and nothing really stands out about this stout. I was hoping for a bit more vanilla flavor. Overall feel of the beer is a bit thin for a stout and maybe a bit more carbonation that it really needed. My least favorite of the beer from MBC but still worth trying. 
Pros: Appearance
Cons: Thin
Alcohol Content: 6.5 ABV
Calories: ???
IBU (Bitterness): ??

Rating: ★★★☆☆
Brewers Website: Maine Beer Company
Brewers Description: Stout aged on special vanilla beans - Bottle Description - I think it was the Summer of '76, I was 5 years old and my uncle Tom came to paint our house. It was in the tiny town of Louisiana, Missouri, on the mighty Mississippi River, where he would take me to troll the roadside ditches to gather one man's junk (beer cans). In honor of his magnificent treasure (his beer can collection) and his spirit for fast cars, tough motorcycles and mean smile, we brink you Mean Old Tom. Thank you for drinking our beer, David & Daniel Kleban. 

No comments:

Post a Comment