Saturday, March 24, 2012

203. Penobscot Bay Red Flannel Ale (growler)

Visited the winery / brewery / restaurant in Winterport last week and picked up a growler of Red Flannel Ale as it was on special. This is my first growler from Penobscot Bay, I really enjoy growlers. The beer itself tasted just as I remember it from the bottle although this time I had 64 ounces of it instead of just the 22 from the bomber. Also while visiting the brewery I saw bottles of their 2011 homebrew contest IPA which I hope they bring back this year. If you happen to be in the Winterport area I suggest you stop by Winterport Winery. Also be sure to check out their website for the schedule of beer or wine dinners, cooking classes or events check out the link below. Great people making quality beer and wine right here in Maine. 
Pros: Complex flavor, the right amount of sweet
Cons: 
Alcohol Content: ??% ABV
Calories: ???
IBU (Bitterness): ??

Rating: ★★★☆ 
Brewers Website: Penobscot Bay Brewery
Brewers Description: Red flannels keep you warm and so will this hearty ale. Mostly Pale malt but full bodied and flavor from the Special B. Roasted Barley and Munich for color. There is a sweet aroma followed by rich, malty flavors with added notes of Perle hops for bittering. Best enjoyed slowly and at cellar temperature. Drink some now, and lay some aside for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment