Thursday, March 1, 2012

Maine Beer Company - Thank You Allan

This is not my usual beer review post but wanted to share some information and a picture of a new release from Maine Beer Company. On a snowy Thursday in Maine they released their Thank You Allan beer. 250 hand numbered bottles available only at the brewery for $25 each. I was there early and was able to pickup bottles #10, 11 & 12 and the bottles are a piece of art by themselves. The photo here gives you some idea of what I am talking about. Green bottle, hand labeled and corked. The brewers description for this one is;

This is our farmhouse ale. It was fermented with a blend of ale strains and aged in french oak Syrah barrels with brettanomyces. $10 from your purchase goes straight to the Diane Fossey Gorilla Fund. Thank You!

When I got to the brewery this morning both Daniel and David were there selling bottles along with a couple of employees. There was already 3-4 inches of snow with lots more on the way but that did not stop me from visiting and picking up a few bottles of this limited release.

I am not sure why they chose the gorilla fund but I am sure there is a story behind it as there always is with Maine Beer Company. If you happen to be in Maine and have the chance to get to the brewery they do have some bottles for sale tomorrow March 2, 2012 and the brewery will open at 9:00. Looking forward to drinking this and doing my review, will probably age at least one bottle and possibly share the third with someone that was not fortunate enough to make it to the brewery.

No comments:

Post a Comment