Monday, October 10, 2011

52. Blue Moon Belgian White

I had high hopes for this one after I poured it into a glass as I typically enjoy unfiltered beer. It looks great and the aroma is OK. I did not garnish with a slice of orange as it suggests on the Blue Moon website so I may have to try another. If that was the missing component in this review than I will certainly come back and revise my rating. This was the first Blue Moon offering that felt like it was a beer brewed by Coors (they own Blue Moon). Will give it another try as I have one more in my fridge but as of now this is my least favorite Blue Moon variety and not something I will make any effort to try again. 
Pros: Unfiltered look
Cons: Lack of flavor
Alcohol Content:
 5.4% ABV
Calories:
 171
IBU (Bitterness): ??

Rating: ★★☆☆☆
Brewers Website: Blue Moon

Brewers Description: Unfiltered for more depth of flavor and a unique, cloudy appearance. Ingredients; white wheat, oats, coriander, orange peel. Full of flavor with a smooth finish. Light, spicy citrus flavors go great with chicken, seafood and pork. Best when garnished with a slice of orange to bring out the natural spices and subtle fruit flavor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment