Wednesday, October 19, 2011

62. Atlantic Brewing Bar Harbor Summer Ale


I should have known better when I saw a Summer Ale still in the store in mid-October but the Best By date was December of 2011 so I thought it might be OK. The beer poured with no head, minimal carbonation, a skunky smell and tasted out of date. I will give this another try next Summer in hopes that it truly was a bad bottle or beyond its freshness date. Lesson learned to drink out of season beer. 
Pros:  
Cons: Flat, skunky smell, 
Alcohol Content: ?? ABV
Calories: ???
IBU (Bitterness): ??
My Rating: ★★☆☆☆ (Gave it 2 stars as I hope it truly is not this bad and will give it another shot next Summer)
Brewers Website: Atlantic Brewing Company
Brewers Description: Now in six pack! This ale is light and crisp, yet retains the body and character of a micro brew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment