Saturday, April 14, 2012

213. Bar Harbor Lighthouse Ale

After work I was looking in my beer fridge wondering what to drink and my wife said "pick something I would like" so that quickly narrowed down the list of options; no double IPAs, stouts, porters, etc so I found my bottle of Bar Harbor Brewing Lighthouse Ale. This is a light ale with a very low 3.2% ABV and the perfect beer to share with my wife. 


Appearance is a great orange color with minimal white head. Minimal aroma with hints of malt and hops but very mild. Taste follows the nose with hints of a lot of things but nothing that overpowers anything else. Very well balanced beer but also quite simple compared with many of the others I have reviewed. That is not necessarily a bad thing as my wife really enjoyed this beer.
Pros: Low ABV
Cons:  Low ABV (yes it can be both a pro and a con)
Alcohol Content: 3.2% ABV
Calories: ???
IBU (Bitterness): ??
Rating:  ★★★☆☆
Brewers Website: Bar Harbor Brewing
Brewers Description: According to the judges at the World Beer Championships, one of the world's best English Mild Ales comes from the opposite side of the pond. Once you savor this ale's rich, roasted malt flavors and subtle aromatic hops, you'll agree.
WBC tasting notes
"Chestnut amber hue. Rich, deeply roasted malt aromas follow through on a smoky and malty palate that packs a lot of flavor. Finishes with a lingering hoppiness. An amazingly well crafted beer for such a modest alcohol level."
"The best version of mild ale the judges have seen outside of Northern England."

No comments:

Post a Comment