Friday, April 20, 2012

221. Rogue XS Old Crustacean

This was the fourth and final pint from Ebenezer's Pub and by far my least favorite. I am not sure if this was just too much of a contrast from Stone Ruination (a double IPA) to a barleywine style or what made this one so difficult to drink but I ended up sharing with my brother in law and I am still not sure we finished our glasses before heading out to our next stop.

Deep red / light brown color with minimal head, almost no carbonation. Aroma is all malt as is the taste and it feels like you could chew this beer it is so thick and creamy. Big alcohol taste and as I stated before it was hard to finish. It may have been the combination of beers I had prior to this one but I am not sure I will ever try it again to check out that theory. 

Pros: 
Cons: Huge malt flavor and extremely thick mouth feel. 
Alcohol Content: 11.5% ABV
Calories: ???
IBU (Bitterness): 110
Rating:  ★★☆☆☆
Brewers Website: Rogue
Brewers Description: An unfiltered and unfined Barleywine. Intense, robust, malty and dark. The cognac of beers. 7 Ingredients: Hugh Baird Carastan and Great Western 2-Row Malts; Chinook, Cenntenial, and Perle Hops, Pacman Yeast & Free Range Coastal Water. 
Specs: 25º PLATO - 110 IBU - 83 AA - 57º Lovibond
World Class Package: Draft, 750ml

No comments:

Post a Comment