Wednesday, April 18, 2012

219. Thornbridge Raven Black IPA


This is another one enjoyed at Ebenezer's Pub in Lovell, ME. Not sure it is actually from Thornbridge as I do not recall it listing the brewery on the menu. If someone from Ebenezer's happens across this post please let me know and I will update accordingly. 

Appearance is nearly black with slight tan head. Aroma has more malt than hops and is fairly subtle overall. Taste goes in the opposite direction with lots of hops with some hints of dark malts; chocolate, coffee that lingers a bit. Overall a quality black IPA but as I mentioned in my prior review of the Pitch Black IPA from Widmer I still prefer a nice double IPA to the new black IPAs coming on the market. 
Pros: Great dark color
Cons: 
Alcohol Content: 6.6% ABV
Calories: ???
IBU (Bitterness): ??
Rating:  ★★★☆
Brewers Website: Thornbridge Brewery
Brewers Description: website does not appear to be working today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment