Wednesday, April 25, 2012

222. Moat Mountain Matildas Red Rage


My quest to find an amber/red ale that stands out continued at Moat Mountain in North Conway however I did not find what I was looking for. I really need to ask a brewer what makes red ales so similar. In almost any other style of beer there are huge variants in the taste however I am not sure I could tell one Amber/Red ale from another if you set them side by side. There must be something about the style that causes this. Generally I like this style of beer but I keep hoping to find "the one" and I have not. If you have recommendations please share.


This one pours a nice red color (big surprise there) with single finger white head that left decent lacing on the glass. Not a lot of aroma but some caramel notes. Taste follows with some caramel flavors and a bit of pine hoppiness in the end. Nothing too exciting with this one but not a bad beer overall. My favorite option from Moat was probably the Tripel.
Pros: 
Cons: Same as all the other reds :( 
Alcohol Content: ??% ABV
Calories: ???
IBU (Bitterness): ??
Rating:  ★★☆☆
Brewers Website: Moat Mountain
Brewers Description: Does not appear on their website

No comments:

Post a Comment